Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What's New Wednesday: Top 10 Things Every Preggo Mama Needs

This is a list I put together, some fun items and some serious, that goes a little beyond the more obvious things (good prenatal vitamin, cute maternity clothes, etc...). 

10. Funny Maternity Shirt- I loved my shirts with the silly little sayings on them. My husband (a computer nerd) had his favorite too, it said "Baby Loading, Please Wait..." and had a picture of a loading bar over the belly. It's just a cute way to have the little fun with your growing belly. My favorite site for tshirts was Cafe Press

9. Sleep Aids- No, I am not talking about Ambien. I bought myself a CD of Thunderstorm sounds, and it was very relaxing at night. I also found aroma therapy very helpful for sleeping, Lavender Vanilla for relaxation. Listen to different soothing sounds and test different scents to see what helps relax you. These sounds and scents can also be used to help you relax during labor.

8. A heating pad- To help with the all aches and pains during labor (and after it)

7. Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy- No offense to the "What to Expect" series, but this book is much better. I had both books and I found that this one was much easier to use and covered quite a bit more information. purchase here

6. Maternity Photos - Maybe you won't ever show these to anyone, maybe you won't display them, but it doesn't hurt to have them so you can look back at your pregnancy. You don't have to spend a ton of money on them. I just took mine myself because I had no plans of sharing them with anyone, but if you want to spend the money to get them professionally done, I say, GO FOR IT!

5. BeBand- This is the Target brand of a maternity band that slip around your waist and belly. It turns your regular pants into maternity pants. It is great for those early days of pregnancy and postpartum when you can't quite fit into your normal pants, but you don't really need maternity pants. purchase here

4. Morning Sickness Soothers- Some lucky mamas will skip this fun little pregnancy adventure, but for those of us who don't it's nice to have something that can ease a little bit of the nausea. Try Queasy Drops or Preggie Pops. Vitamin B is also often used to ease symptoms, Mommy's Bliss. (Always talk to your doctor/midwife before you take ANYTHING while pregnant) Queasy Drops Preggie Pops Mommy's Bliss

3. A Maternity Pillow- I got one for Christmas and I LOVED it. I could finally sleep again. EVERY pregnant woman should have one of these!

2. Ina May's Guide to Childbirth- There are a million books out there that cover pregnancy and parenting, but there aren't as many that do a good job of guiding you through pregnancy.  This book will help you experience your BEST birth. purchase here

1. A labor kit- Technically this is more than one item. Here are some things you may want in your kit: a Tennis Ball, Sugar-Free Hard Candies, a focal point, etc... Basically, you want the little things that are going to help you through labor.

Did I miss something? What were some of the things you had during your pregnancy that you loved?

3 comments:

nonmom said...

Great list!
I did something similar up for a friend of mine for her diaper bag when she went in to have baby #1. I brought the list up to her place, went shopping with her and helped her pack the bag so it would be all ready for her.
Lists are great!
Glad I swung by from VB.

Megan @ TheBehavioralChild.com said...

An unlimited supply of pasta :) Comfort food that wreaked havoc on my weight but was heaven for my hormonal mood swings.

skoots1mom said...

i wish i had many of the things you listed back when i had my girl...that would have been nice.

Post a Comment